VALLEY BUS LLC FARGO SCHOOL BUS CONDUCT
- The Board shall require students to conduct themselves on the bus in a manner consistent with established standards for classroom behavior. The bus driver will document incidents of student misconduct. The principal will inform the parents immediately of the misconduct and request their cooperation in correcting the student’s behavior. Students who become a serious disciplinary problem on the school bus may have their riding privilege suspended indefinitely by the building principal. In such cases, the parents of the student involved become responsible for that student’s transportation to and from school.
- Students are expected to walk a reasonable distance to meet the bus.
- Previous to loading, students shall:
- Be on time at the designated school bus stops in order to keep the bus on schedule. If possible, the students should let the driver know if they are not to be on the bus the following day(s).
- Respect all property, public or private. Stay off the road at all times while waiting for the bus. Bus riders shall conduct themselves in a safe and responsible manner while waiting.
- Conduct expectations:
- The bus driver is in complete charge of student riders. The driver has the same authority as a teacher and will report rule violations to the principal.
- Bus riders shall abide by the rules or be deprived of the privilege to ride the bus. Students will be cited for the following behavior:
- Failure to remain seated
- Smoking on the bus
- Hanging out the windows
- Refusing to obey driver
- Lighting matches
- Spitting/Littering -Throwing objects out of bus
- Fighting -Sexual Harassment
- Profanity -Throwing objects on bus -Vandalism
- Bus riders shall not litter the bus with food or other debris. Students should help to keep the bus clean. Food and drink are not permitted on the bus.
- Bus riders shall not tamper with the bus or any of its equipment. Damage to the seats, etc., shall be paid by the offender.
ALL ACTS OF VANDALISM WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION OF BUS RIDING PRIVILEGES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR
- No weapons, dangerous objects (i.e. laser pointers), alcohol, tobacco or drugs are allowed on the bus.
- Leaving the bus:
- Bus riders shall exit in a prompt and orderly manner.
- Cross the road, when necessary, in front of the bus where the driver can see you and you can see the driver, but only after looking to be sure that no traffic is approaching from either direction.
- Students being transported are under the authority of the bus driver.
FARGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS, VALLEY BUS COMPANY